HCA Holdings, Inc
Nashville, TN, United States
HCA IT&S - Healthcare Inspired
/Please click the link above to Watch our Identity VIDEO to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!/
We are IT professionals and are certainly proud of our technical expertise. But what makes us unique as a technology company is that our solutions ultimately impact the care of patients. Although our skills are needed in a number of industries, we in IT&S apply them specifically to the noble cause of healthcare.
/That’s why we say we are “Healthcare Inspired.”/
It’s this guiding vision that pervades and positively influences every level of our organization. It shapes our culture, defines our strategy, and brings our leaders and employees together in a shared enthusiasm for their work, setting IT&S apart as a uniquely purpose-driven company in the IT industry.
/At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life./
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
The primary purpose of the Lead Mobile Android Developer is to drive the strategy and best practices for native mobile development of HCA’s mobile patient portal application. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, drive discovery, construct, test, and implement solutions with little to no supervision in a Lean/Agile Development environment and provide mentorship to other developers. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines. The following are highlighted competencies and core expectations for the job/role:
• 7 years of experience in a lead or senior Android development role.
• Be a thought-leader for mobile technologies and design and implement application features
• Knowledge in computer science combined with demonstrable problem-solving aptitude.
• Experience with memory management and memory/performance profiling.
• Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, etc.
• Experience with Gradle, Maven, and/or Github.
• Experience developing and managing cross platform application development. (iOS and Android)
• Has shipped and maintained apps, knowing ins and outs of Google’s submission process.
• Strong understanding of Android interaction design best practices.
• Work closely with product management and UX to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, and processes.
The candidate will be involved in:
• Leading technical discovery sessions on new and/or collaborative projects.
• Leading and managing development projects from inception to elaboration, development, testing, and implementation.
• Responsible for overseeing and managing the work of other team developers.
• Work with vendors or existing development teams when appropriate.
• Collaborate with leadership, product managers, business analysts and mobile developers to identify problems and creatively solve complex problems.
• Stay current with mobile interaction guidelines and operating systems.
7 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate. Additional experience needed:
Native Android Development
JSON, REST-based APIs
Complex problem solving
Agile development expertise
Lead and mentor team developers
Able to self-manage work load
College degree is preferred however experience may be a substitute.
• Experienced in supervising and mentoring high-performing, highly technical teams
• Entrepreneurial drive and an interest to innovate
• Proven experience in leading the complete development lifecycle for native Android applications
• Ability to succinctly communicate verbally and in a variety of media
• Familiarity with Agile techniques in development environment (certifications are preferred, but a proven history is highly desired)
• Formal experience as a team development lead
• Experience in Healthcare mobility solution design and delivery is a plus
• Relevant experience/knowledge working with hospitals and their integration needs
• Calm under pressure
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Lead Mobile Android Developer
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10207-26823
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.