Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
San Jose, CA, United States
It, Writing, Engineering, Design
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
You will be supporting technical writing efforts for our In Vitro Diagnostic/Medical Device product lines. These efforts will include delivering technical manuals and illustrations, interactive documents, and training materials for hardware medical devices. You will also participate in setting up team processes and contribute towards creating technical writing strategy.
What will you do?
• Conduct research and source relevant technical content by working in laboratory/manufacturing environments
• Create video walk-throughs and tutorials for user documentation and the online help
• Design, develop, and create 2D and 3D graphics and technical illustrations for technical manuals, interactive documents, and training materials that adhere to company graphical publication standards and style guides
• Deliver Online Help, Release Notes, tutorials, videos and animations for multiple products
• Develop topic-based, structured, single-source documentation using XML authoring
• Validate, test, review, and edit new and existing customer documentation for quality
• Track and manage Thermo Fisher project efforts using issue tracking software such as JIRA or Rally
• Participate in active learning and knowledge sharing sessions with peers in the Technical Publications department
• Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and field support to identify the most effective product tasks and illustration solutions that are highly accurate and complete
How will you get here?
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences or equivalent field
• 7 years of experience in end user technical writing for a diverse audience
• 2 years in a heavy regulated environment preferably in IVD/MD
• Familiarity with DITA, HTML, CSS, XML, or markup
• Experience with screen-capture software and video production, e.g. Camtasia, GoAnimate, Final Cut Pro.
• Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, SolidDesigner, and SoftImage and similar products for illustration creation
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally with a global team to execute multiple project schedules
• Work collaboratively and effectively with others to promote innovative approaches and enhance/streamline current processes
• Highly organized and able to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment; a passionate learner and self-starter, comfortable owning projects and must have a ‘user-focused’ mindset in a rapidly changing environment
• Learn complex technologies and tools rapidly to hit the ground running in the development of technical material
• Acquire the latest industry best practices and apply those to the workplace
• Able to think on a strategic level about the technical writing function and its role in overall business strategy
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Website : http://www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.