Bank of America Corporation
Charlotte, NC, United States
Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading multiple projects on the Technology Infrastructure team within a complex financial organization. The team is responsible for managing a distributed architecture framework hosting mission critical applications. The ideal candidate will have a background in technical infrastructure management and engineering, with a history of hands-on experience.
· Web-based application (Weblogic Server/Portal) server design and build outs for applications and services in a Linux and Windows infrastructure.
· Troubleshooting complex application integration points and coordinating with virtual team members across the enterprise to deliver complex hosting solutions
· Manage multiple projects concurrently and be readily adaptable to change. Additionally this person is expected to be self-motivated, a strong leader, able to influence others and able to think creatively.
· Manage and work closely with application teams deploying new applications in hosting environment(s). Able to gather application configuration needs and facilitate changes with administrators and product vendor (when need be) to resolve technical configuration or application issues etc.
· Will be required to provide on call support and flexible working hours.
·Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Be able to manage multiple complex technical projects
· Ability to quickly adapt to changes
· Knowledge of Hosting & Cloud Infrastructure (public and private) including Network, Security, Virtualization, Servers, Database and Middleware technologies
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle and automation (e.g., Ansible Tower)
· Working knowledge of: WebLogic, Websphere, Jboss and Tomcat
· Capacity planning
· Building out and maintaining Disaster Recovery environment
- Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred
Knowledge of Bank of America specific environment.
Ability to create executive level presentations
Charlotte, NC, Gateway Center, 901 W Trade St,
Richmond, VA, VILLA PARK OPS CENTER BLDG C, 8001 VILLA PARK DR,
- United States
Full / Part-time
: Full time
Hours Per Week
: 1st shift
Bank of America Corporation
Website : http://www.bankofamerica.com
Bank of America Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various banking and financial products and services for individual consumers, small and middle market businesses, institutional investors, corporations, and governments in the United States and internationally. The companys Consumer & Business Banking segment offers traditional and money market savings accounts, CDs and IRAs, checking accounts, and investment accounts and products, as well as credit and debit cards; and lending related products and services, working capital management, and treasury solutions. This segment provides its products and services through operating 5,100 banking centers, 16,300 ATMs, call centers, and online and mobile banking platforms. Its Consumer Real Estate Services segment offers consumer real estate products comprising fixed and adjustable-rate first-lien mortgage loans for home purchase and refinancing needs, home equity lines of credit, and home equity loans. The companys Global Wealth & Investment Management segment provides investment and brokerage, estate and financial planning, fiduciary portfolio management, cash and liability management, and specialty asset management services; and retirement and benefit plan, philanthropic management, and asset management services. Its Global Banking segment provides various commercial loans, leases, commitment facilities, trade finance, real estate and asset-based loans, and consumer loans; treasury management, foreign exchange, and short-term investing options; and debt and equity underwriting and distribution, and merger-related and other advisory services. The companys Global Markets segment offers sales and trading services for securities and derivative products in primary and secondary markets; market-making, financing, securities clearing, settlement, and custody services to institutional investor clients; and risk management products. The company was founded in 1874 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.