Golden Valley, MN, United States
Oct 09, 2020
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our premier team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists and quantum engineers to make it happen.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
· Work closely with a team of research scientists to operate, maintain, and upgrade a commercial quantum computer
· Analyze performance and reliability of the system and work with scientific team to plan upgrades and add features
· Provide technical support to customers and support teams on sophisticated technical problems
· Independently operate and solve issues
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1-year hands-on laboratory experience (degree inclusive), maintaining, troubleshooting and operating electronic systems, complex optical systems or vacuum/cryogenic systems
· Due to U.S. export control laws, must be a U.S. citizen
· Master’s degree in physics or relevant engineering field such as Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Software
· Ability to analyze large sets of data to pull out correlations and trends on performance
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to expand knowledge, learn new skills and push the boundary of what’s possible
· Able to think critically, solve problems, and be a strong teammate with intelligent risk-taking skills
· Strong interpersonal and team skill
· Strong computer skills including ability to program in Python
· Experience in performing system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation and performance requirements are achieved
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.