Hoboken, NJ, United States
Engineering, Quality, It
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
• Analyze business requirement documents and work closely with product, BA, development, and offshore and onshore QA teams in reviewing and clarifying business requirements.
• Develop high quality test strategies, test plans, test scenarios and test cases from complicated software business requirements and provide effort estimates on test development, execution and for other tasks in Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
• Execute functional, system, integration, regression, automation and performance testing based on task assignment; report, track and follow up on product or client issues in a timely manner with development, BA and support teams in TFS.
• Work closely with BA, developers, support, offshore/onshore QA and management to promote successful delivery of products on time with customer satisfied quality.
• Quickly absorb complicated technological content in a fast paced environment & excel in an independent process driven professional QA environment.
• Maintain a strong knowledge base for a suite of technically complex products and participate in scrum & client issues review meetings on QA deliverables.
• Support continuous improvement of the current & existing software quality assurance methodologies process.
• Execute test automation scripts with Selenium, Robot Framework and customized tools.
Responsibility for Others:
• Facilitate improvements to software testing process and methodologies
• Provide mentoring and training for new team members
• Candidate should be willing to support over the weekend / extra efforts to complete testing deliverables as and when needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Quality Assurance, or a related field
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in software quality assurance
• Minimum of 3 years of experience providing software requirements analysis and ambiguity reviews
• Great experience in software testing methodologies & process
• Great experience in Agile, SDLC models, release management and software development.
• Minimum of 3 years of requirements based test case development experience.
• Experience as a reviewer of QA work product and deliverables is required.
• Applicant must have superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong experience testing web and windows based products is required.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and flexible to manage changing priorities. Must be able to work in high-pressured environment
• Knowledge required on Integration, database and compatibility testing
• Software testing experience required in financial/US taxation/banking systems.
• Team player – willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the QA organization to improve product quality
• Performance testing experience with using HP – Performance Center
• Test automation experience with using Selenium & UFT
• Knowledge on web services testing & mobile testing
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment
Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Website : http://thomsonreuters.com/
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.