Japan Tobacco International USA, Inc
Teaneck, NJ, United States
It, Project Management
JTI (Japan Tobacco International) is a leading global tobacco company distributing our products in 130 countries worldwide. One of the fastest growing international industry players we own some of the world’s best known brands, including Winston, the number two global cigarette brand, and Camel, outside of the US.
Within the US, JTI has grown to into a total tobacco company with three businesses: JTI USA, marketing and selling key cigarette brands Wave, Wings, Export ‘A’ and the global brand LD; PrimeTime International Distributing, Inc. (PTID), an industry leader in filtered cigars and pipe tobacco; and Logic Technology Development (Logic), a category leader in vapor products.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com
JT International is a leading global tobacco company operating in over 120 countries worldwide. Awarded Global Top Employer for three consecutive years, JTI is one of the fastest growing international industry players over a ten year period, we market world-renowned brands such as Winston, Camel, Mevius Seven (Formerly Mild Seven), LD, Sobranie and Glamour. Within the US, we market and sell the following key brands: Wave, Export ‘A’, WINGS and LD.
Our organization is presently seeking an IT Lead-USA Market
to become a member of our IT team. The IT Lead will be fully responsible and accountable for all IT services and applications in the USA market. The IT Lead will develop and implement the IT strategy within the USA market, ensure alignment with market priorities and global IT strategic direction, establish a strong liaison between IT and senior management and business functions, lead innovation and maximize IT contribution to support market’s growth and profitability objectives, manage relationships with business leaders and partners to ensure understanding of business strategic direction and to establish clear priorities, ensure that IT solutions support strategic business objectives and are in-line with Corporate IT strategy, standards and best practices, manage and control USA Market IT budget to achieve targets, lead the technical service and applications areas to ensure business operates effectively and efficiently, manage and lead the IT team and external providers ensuring adherence to all JTI policies, standards and guidelines.
This position is located in our head office in Teaneck, NJ
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Accountable for the development and implementation of IT strategy for both applications and the technical infrastructure. Drive innovation and maximize IT’s contribution in supporting market’s growth and profitability objectives. Provide IT leadership through recommending solutions that leverage technology and at the same time deliver on key business initiatives. Optimize IT Total Cost of Ownership by sustaining a modern, high quality and cost effective IT infrastructure & suite of both global and local applications.
Business Relationship Management -
Develop strong customer relationship with respective Market management and IT user community. Actively work with them to ensure understanding of business strategic direction and to establish clear, aligned priorities. Apply business and IT knowledge to ensure that IT supports the changing business requirements. Manage business expectations through transparency and active, open communication.
Leadership and People Management -
Leads the IT team in USA market. Represents them and the market in both the region and global IT. Works jointly with them to manage their respective careers, coaches and motivates them, and provides opportunities to enhance their overall development. Provides honest, constructive feedback and supports their career aspirations.
– Sponsor/Lead projects, ensuring that projects executed in line with business strategy, global IT standards, IT Security recommendations and best practices. Develop and enforce strong project management discipline and ensure adherence to JTI's Project Management Framework. Manage IT project resource allocation and utilization, based upon capabilities and capacity. Ensure that qualified IT resources are assigned to projects and that timelines/budgets are adhered to. Actively participate on both Executive and Operational steering committees.
IT Services Management and Governance
- Design and deliver appropriate, reliable and sustainable IT solutions to support strategic business objectives. Responsible for approving system changes as per IT One Change Management policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with Operating Guidelines, JTI Policies and Procedures, J-Sox controls and Internal Audit reviews. Actively solicit feedback and strive for operational excellence to improve IT service delivery. Implement best practices and controls to minimize risks and make operations more robust. Ensure Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) aligned with senior management and the entity’s business continuity plan is developed, documented, tested and implemented.
Business Technology Delivery
- Lead the implementation of global BTS, GDC & GTC Services’ initiatives in USA market, as needed. Actively promote and support global projects (i.e. deployment of new technologies, implementation of global processes and policies, deployment of global business applications, ensuring GRM alignment). Think strategically and globally on all new IT requests and communicate with Global teams and other local IT teams to take a global approach to new projects wherever possible. Ensure end-to-end delivery of local projects. Develop scope, timeline, cost, business case and risks on local projects. Provide regular updates to stakeholders on major projects.
- Responsible for the USA Market IT budget and management. Work with market stakeholders to complete JTI's planning processes (TDT, AP/SP, LE) in a timely manner, according to established guidelines and in line with markets' financial targets and Global IT strategic direction. Optimize, control and reduce cost, whenever possible. Deliver IT services in an efficient and cost effective manner. Provide timely financial reporting.
Management of Internal & External Suppliers
- Build strong relationship with internal IT service providers (BTS, GDC, GTC) and collaborate with them to successfully deliver required IT services. Responsible for the evaluation and selection of qualified third-party service providers, in accordance with Operating Guidelines, JTI Policies and Procedures, and J-Sox controls. Lead and manage external service providers, ensuring timely fulfillment of commitments and contractual obligations. Track performance and proactively recommend corrective measures with special focus on externally hosted solutions going forward.
4 year BA/BS Degree
7–10 years solid working experience in IT, project management, business analysis, business workflow modeling and software development life cycle. At least 5-7 years IT management and leadership experience.
Solid working knowledge of Business Relationship Management, Application and Project Portfolio Management, Project management standards and methodology(PMP Certification preferred), Joint Application Development (JAD) techniques, Enterprise applications (e.g., ERP, CRM, business intelligence, EDI), Application development standards and methodology (Waterfall, Agile) Microsoft, SAP, Oracle technologies, A good understanding of technical infrastructure (networking, pc hardware, telephony and mobile voice/data)
Strong project management skills with business acumen to build strong business relationships. Leadership skills and can work effectively in a geographically distributed global, matrix environment. Solid understanding of business concepts. Ability to consistently and effectively apply established IT standards and best practices. Excellent documentation, planning and organization skills. Strong problem-solving skills and ability to enforce established change management process. Ability to innovate and think outside the box. Aptitude for learning. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Ability to collaborate with business and technical stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Ability to lead and work effectively in a goal-oriented team environment. Ability to do it right the first time. Flexibility to adapt to changing business environment and priorities. Expertise in solution strategy, formulation and delivery.
Resourceful, delivers within tight deadlines and with limited resources. Quickly gets up to speed when taking on new assignments.
Enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the experience and responsibility requirements.
Excellent employee environment with a competitive benefits package including:
Annual Merit Increase
Paid Time Off
401k Plan Company Contributions
Nearest Major Market:
New York City
Database, ERP, Oracle, Application Developer, CRM, Technology
Japan Tobacco International USA, Inc
Website : https://www.jti.com/
Tobacco, a native plant of the Americas, was first discovered thousands of years ago However, growing tobacco as a crop was pioneered by communities in the Andes at a much later time. Most estimates put this between 5000 and 3000 BC. From the Andes of South America tobacco spread north and then on to the colonies, islands and continents beyond. With steadily increasing demand tobacco plants were transported for cultivation to countries all over the world. The history of tobacco is more than just a history of its cultivation for chewing or smoking. It represents a fascinating journey through changing tastes and fashions, variations in cultural status and different stages of political and trading importance.