White & Case LLP
Tampa, FL, United States
Dba, It, Sql
Senior Database Administrator','!*!
White & Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people.
Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
The Senior Database and Application Administrator is responsible for the configuration, management and administration of certain Third Party applications (primarily iManage and related components) and related databases within the White & Case environment. The senior database & Applications administrator will manage the implementation (and upgrades) of those applications, their related database environments including tables, objects. This includes day-to-day application and database monitoring for performance and implement optimizations as needed. The senior administrator will assess emerging technologies and how they can be utilized effectively in the W&C environment.
Technology at White & Case plays a key role in enabling our lawyers is practicing law around the world.
Our team comprises of three functions: Business Services – who maintain, develop and support our enterprise systems, Operations – who design, build and support our communications and data centre operations, and Support Services – who provide desktop, meeting and training support in the Firm’s offices. Together we support our lawyers with leading edge technology and systems to deliver elite legal and best-in-class client service.
Globally-minded and diverse, our team covers a range of technical disciplines and business skill sets. This encompasses from business analysts, data architects, application developers and engineering staff covering range of technologies that include virtualisation, cloud, networking, storage, collaboration services and security. We deploy the latest technology and hardware within our state of the art offices. Our technical support staff support and train our people on the latest hardware and operating systems, remote working capability and mobile devices. Our Shared Services centres provide Service Desk and Operation Centres that providing support and monitoring of Firm systems 24 x 7.
Working closely with our business services colleagues in support of the Firm’s Finance, HR, Marketing and KM Information Technology systems Drawing, Global Technology Services is at the heart of the Firm’s global operations.
Duties and Accountabilities
· Implementation and Server-side support for iManage Worksite 9.x/10.x and related products, including IDOL, EMM/Communication Server, Mobility & Preview Server
· Implement Sql Server database instances in the White & Case environment to support application initiatives.
· Ensure data integrity and availability through implementation of security, backup, and recovery plans and controls.
· Coordinate scheduling of maintenance tasks needed to ensure database availability and optimization.
· Research, evaluate, and deploy new database management and optimization products.
· Interface with legal and administrative staff to understand databases needs and assess, coordinate, and oversee software initiatives.
· Work with third party vendors to assess, implement, and customize database installations to meet business requirements.
· Evaluate project initiatives and determine the most effective course to meet business requirements including developing cost comparisons / justifications on required application and database components.
· Develop practices to effectively evaluate project benefits, project return on investment, effectively plan, and deliver technical solutions.
· Assure that a clear planning process is followed, including a well-defined scope of deliverables, and a continuous communication process to manage client expectations.
· Proactively reports project risk and deliverable issues to superiors and clients for immediate mitigation or resolution.
· Enhance technical skills through training, seminars, and education in new technologies and software development practices.
· BS Degree a must, graduate degree a plus
· Strong implementation & support experience in iManage Worksite 9.x and related products a must (IDOL, EMM, Communication Server, Mobility et al)
· Any experience with iManage 10.x a strong plus
· Experience in IntApp WallBuilder 5.x/6.x a definite plus
· A minimum 5 years of experience as a database analyst/administrator
· 5 years experience working with MS SQL Server including versions 2008 to 2016 on Windows 2008/2012 Servers.
· Experience in using Prosperoware's Milan MatterHub & IntApp’s Integration Builder a definite plus.
· Extensive experience with performance monitoring statistics, database optimization, and index utilization.
· Experience configuring database clusters (physical as well as virtual), manage instances, replication, and use query optimization utilities.
· Effectively support and analyze data models, stored procedures, and triggers.
· Experience performing database updates, upgrades, and modifying configuration parameters.
· Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to facilitate work efforts.
· Demonstrate ability to work productively with a wide range of people. Ability to effectively present information to customers and senior management.
· Ability to manage project commitments to ensure that the project comes in on time and within budget.
This is role based in Tampa
The Firm may modify and amend this job description at any time at its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise modifies the at-will nature of employment.
1The above is a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties. ','United States-Tampa','','','','','','Global Technology Services','','','','','Jan 8, 2019','Senior Database Administrator'
White & Case LLP
Website : https://www.whitecase.com/
White & Case is a truly global law firm, uniquely positioned to help our clients achieve their ambitions in today's G20 world. As a pioneering international law firm, our cross-border expertise and diverse team of local, US and English-qualified lawyers consistently deliver results for our clients. In both established and emerging markets, our lawyers are integral, long-standing members of the community, giving our clients insights into the local business environment alongside our expertise in multiple jurisdictions. We work with some of the world's most respected and well-established banks and businesses, as well as start-up visionaries, governments and state-owned entities.