Insignia Technology Services, LLC
Richmond, VA, United States
Insignia Technology Services has contingent openings
for System Administrator
supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs. Apply now to this posting for immediate consideration.
Full Time Position
A System Administrator must have experience in conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs. Systems administrators are responsible for maintaining system efficiency. Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. Must have knowledge on a number of debugging protocols and processes. Must be able to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions quickly.
· Obtain and maintain a government issued clearance
· Able to provide day to day operational support of the Windows servers (physical and virtual) running in a VMware 5.5 environment.
· Strong knowledge in Microsoft Server (2008, 2012)
· Experience with VMWare ESXi 5.x and Server 5.5
· Knowledge on several debugging protocols and processes
· Able to install Window server OS, patches and upgrades
· Analyze Logs and identify potential issues within computer systems
· Recommend and integrate VA approved technologies
· Perform monthly audits of systems
· Apply monthly updates and patches
· Install and configure new hardware and software
· Add, Remove, and Update user accounts and reset passwords
· Maintain the security of the hardware and software
· Update and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Windows Servers of various versions
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues in systems
· Perform System Performance Tuning
· Restart the systems after crashes and power spikes
· Other tasks and duties as directed by the ITOPS Project Manager
· Participate in Knowledge Sharing with other Insignia Administrators
· Must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 10 years to obtain a VA High/BI Public Trust clearance
· Must be authorized to work for any US Employer
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or, in lieu of degree, a minimum of eight years of experience in relevant professional experience for projects and tasks of similar scope and complexity
· Prior system/network administration experience on VA contracts
· Microsoft, VMware certifications highly desired
· SharePoint Administration experience
· VA High / Tier 4 Level Clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The duties of this position require a candidate to successfully receive and maintain a security clearance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position may require up to 10% travel.
Honorably discharged US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
It is Insignia Technology Services, LLC policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Insignia Technology Services, LLC
Website : http://www.insigniatechnology.com
Insignia's Information Technology Professionals come from across Industry and provide a high level of professional service and innovative solutions to our customers. We provide the right balance of experience, formal training and degrees, with the needed specialized certifications to get the job done right the first time. We are passionate about what we do and we're committed to helping our customers succeed. And our success is not just measured by the business value we deliver, but also by the experiences we hear from the Department of Defense Warriors and civilian workforce, the Veteran population, and those individual organizations who have been positively impacted by the technology services and solutions we provide.Insignia Technology Services, LLC is a leading provider of information technology solutions and services to our Federal and Commercial customers. We specialize in full Systems Development Life Cycle support of complex, Enterprise-class IT systems running in mission-critical, high-availability environments. Our high performing teams provide program management, analysis, systems engineering, and software development through testing and promotion of solutions through numerous development, testing, production and disaster recovery environments. Through effective Program Management, Configuration Management and Solution methodologies and processes, our solutions are well documented to support effective and efficient operations and maintenance. In addition, we also provide professional services in educational technologies, knowledge management and application administration for various solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint and various learning content and learning management systems. We pride ourselves in developing a partnership with each of our customers. We care about their success, we understand what they need, and we leverage industry project management and software engineering best practices to deliver cost-effective solutions.